It's seventh period. There's about 20 minutes left... some are frantically writing and others are searching the air around them for answers. Hopefully they have thoughts about the properties of exponents, methods of factoring, real number subsets and rationalization of denominators dancing in their heads.
I'm nervous for them. I want them all to do well, but also realize the reality of it. I imagine, as usually is the case, that some will knock it out of the park, while others will feel that they have one leg hanging in the grave.
It's an interesting perspective to be on this side of it. I, like many of my colleagues, have come to believe that the grade doesn't really matter. And yet it does. (Heavens! Some school districts out there are giving 40% pay raises based on grades and standardized test results.)
And what will be the most interesting part of this test.....is when I will ask them to turn it in, and as they do so, they say "thank you." I find this astounding every time.
15 years ago
1 comments:
thank you?!!?? how crazy is that. i loved math, but would never thank my teacher for a test. ;) they must have very polite parents who have taught them well.
Post a Comment