CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I totally missed it!

In case anyone was wondering if AJ and I had experienced yesterday's LA earthquake...the answer is that AJ did, but I missed it. I'm not necessarily disappointed about the fact that I missed it either. I had flown to Utah just a few hours earlier to visit my family.


It turned out that AJ was on the driving range of the golf course at the time of the earthquake. When I asked him what being in the earthquake was like, his response was that he hardly felt the earthquake, rather he was wondering why all of the golf balls that he was hitting seemed to be so jacked up. He concluded that it must have been the the shaking of the earth that caused his golf balls to fly so offline. 

Nothing in our apartment was broken, thankfully. AJ said that all of the pictures were crooked, but otherwise everything else maintained order.

AJ will meet up with me in UT on Saturday. We have some tee times set for next week, after which I will let you all know the reality of golf therapy. If I were to report on golf therapy today, I would say "so far, so good. We've really enjoyed ourselves." However, let's hold that thought until we play a few rounds together ;) 

Truth be told, I'm really looking forward to playing golf with AJ! He's come a long way in just a few short weeks. We really like the pro that he's been working with in Orange County. If anyone wants to pick up the game and needs a referral, let us know!  

1 comments:

Dixie Packer said...

so, you are in utah. last night we had dinner at the packer's and austin was telling me that he saw one of my friends from high school at subway. when i asked him who, he said he couldn't remember your name. so to describe everything he said, well she said she was your best friend in high school and she knew all our of family, even that Jaron and Vanesa were having a baby. i just laughed and said that has to be ashley, she's the only one who remembers everything going on with me and my extended family, but i told him that it couldn't be you because you lived in california. lol. kinda funny, but i had to figure that you were visiting your family cause no one who knows me, knows all about nate's family too, and of course i check your blog this morning and sure enough. so how have you been? are you and AJ visiting for something special?