CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Butterflies...anticipation....most likely little sleep

T'was the night before school starts,
and all through L.A.,
teachers and students are squirming,
for tomorrow's the big day.

No, it's not new,
and we've done it before,
yet we are nervous,
are we ready for more?

There's homework and grading,
then quizzes and tests,
admixt texting and facebook,
oh, when will we rest?!?

Yet we've pondered and prepared,
and goals have been set,
once again we will strive,
hopefully each will be met.

So, despite all the jitters,
it's time to just chill,
and get some sleep already,
if you need it, take the pills!

I was surprised at how long I managed to drag out my preparation for tomorrow. I began preparing a few weeks ago, and yet I sit here, still uncertain that I'm even ready. I mean, I've done this before; it's not as if it's new. However, the constant rehersing tomorrow's lessons in my head is making me exhausted. Hopefully this means that I will sleep; but if previous years are any indication, chances are that it will probably not be the case. All well, here goes nothing!

3 comments:

Johnson Family said...

Hope everything went well for you today! You'll do great as always!

Beth said...

How did it go?? I bet the kids love you!

Dixie Packer said...

good luck with school! have fun and i hope you are getting more sleep now that the first week is over.