CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Oh, what do we do in the summertime?

Well, let me share with you what we do in the summertime. This summer, Adam has been attending a 6-week session of school. He's taking 2 courses and is rocking both! It's taking up a lot of his time, but it's sure paying off. He only has 2 weeks to go and then he'll have about 7 weeks before he begins fall semester.

Because I'm lucky enough to have the best job in the world which comes with the summers off, I was able to go visit my family earlier this month. Here's some highlights about the girls.

A.J.- A. is such a little nurturer. She cuddles her baby and frequently asks it "Are you okay, sweetheart?" Isn't that adorable? She's a little mother to J.J. When they're laying down for their naps, we can hear A. saying to J. "J., go to sleep right now!!!" It's pretty funny how she enforces the rules around the house.



I love how A. and J. are best friends. When I would take them for a walk in the double stroller, they would hold hands as we cruised the neighborhood streets. I'm so glad they have each other!

This next picture had me laughing for quite a while. A. got on her trike, and said to J.: "J. push me right now!" So J. walks over to A. and pushes her. This picture cracks me up because it looks as if J. is laboring quite a bit to push A., although I don't think it took as much effort as she makes it look


J.J.- J. is full of personality! It was kind of cute a few months ago when J. would walk into my parent's room in the middle of the night, full of energy, and would exclaim "Good morning!" Now, months later, it's charm has worn off. I think she was up in the middle of the night each night I was there. My favorite part of the trip is when I come out of the airport terminal and J. runs up to me and gives me a giant hug. I wonder how she'll do when Ry gets home at the end of September


The weather wasn't spectacular while I was home, but I was still able to enjoy the yard. While it isn't too enjoyable to weed and keep a yard, I think Adam and I yearn for the day that we have that responsibility. There's nothing better than hanging out in the backyard!




Here's what the next few weeks hold for AJ and I:
1. AJ will finish up summer school by July 7
2. Over the next three weeks, I will be teaching/tutoring from 10 am- 4 pm each weekday.
3. Beginning tomorrow, we will begin moving our stuff into another apartment
4. Mid-July we will be heading to UT for a bit of a visit
5. I'll get to see Sensei for a few days on the way to visit our families
6. AJ will begin fall semester on August 24
7. I will begin back-to-school meetings and preparation on Sept 2, (I believe)
8. Ry will return from his mission late September, and with any luck he will fly in on Yom Kippur so that I can see the girls reaction when they first see him after his 2 year vacancy
Exciting, ay?


5 comments:

Larson said...

Yay! You posted pictures of those cute girls! Cute stories! I love the summer run down at the end-- does that mean you're done blogging until after Ryan comes home? haha!

Johnson Family said...

Oh my Ashley, the girls are so cute! Love the pictures of them! Also, we're excited to see you guys in a few weeks! Good luck with all the upcoming events, like moving!

Jared and Jessica said...

Please let us know when you guys are coming! We'd love to see you! I know Jared would really like to see Adam!

Beth said...

Those girls are soooo cute. Looks like you have a fun summer ahead of you. I love the summer.!!!

Dixie Packer said...

yay adam! great job rocking those classes. cute pictures of the girls. they are growing so fast. and tell me about being five minutes away and me not knowing. lol. i did not remember that you lived so close to universal studios, but the irony is i think you were in utah while i was in california. i was looking forward to summer to be able to call you during naptime... but now you're gone an tutoring. guess i'll have to catch you on a saturday or in a few weeks.